Maryland Divorce Advice - What Women Need to Know About Divorce
Faggio Financial is pleased to announce that its Second Saturday class "What Women Need to Know About Divorce," will resume in the Fall. The classes will be held at the Howard Community College and can be found in its non-accredited course catalog.
John Faggio, divorce financial analyst, is joined in this 4-hour program by a local divorce attorney and mental health practitioner. The program reviews all the legal, emotional, and financial issues women face in the divorce process. Since its inception in 2005, the class has received a 99% favorable rating from participants. Look at what past participants have to say:
“Great workshop that provides the different aspects that women will be facing during a divorce.”
“A must take for all women married, separated, engaged!”
“Wonderful seminar—feel more empowered and positive”
The typical class syllabus covers these areas:
- Overview of the legal process and alternatives, e.g. mediation and collaborative divorce
- How to keep the lid on the legal costs
- How to protect yourself legally and financially
- Child custody, Maryland alimony and child support
Maryland divorce financial planning
- Helping your family cope with separation
- Dealing with the hostile spouse
- Steps you need to take for an equitable divorce settlement
- What do to with the house - property settlements
- Tax issues of divorce - Alimony, Maryland child support,and property division
- Getting to retirement funds without penalty
The class is an excellent supplement for those who already have representation. Family Law Attorney Margaret (Meg) Oliver is a frequent presenter at the class. She says “This is a must for women going through separation and divorce. It is wonderful to see women empowered by the Second Saturday program as they gain knowledge about their rights and responsibilities and an understanding of the court process and other non-adversarial processes available for families in crisis. I am happy to be a part of this program.”
The classes are scheduled for September 10th and October 15th, from 8:30-12:30. The cost is $55 for Howard County residents and $65 for out-of-county residents. Faggio Financial provides a link directly to the College Website for registration.
If you are a woman who is contemplating divorce, starting the process, or are "stuck" in negotiations, you will not want to miss these classes. Email or call Maryland Divorce CPA John Faggio today at 410-740-3141 for more information or an initial, flat-fee consult to put your on the right track.